Here are some things that I learned, in no particular order.
- Choose Import-Package over Require-Bundle (I feel like I am a bit late to the game on that one, but appreciate being let in on the secret)
- Someone is using RCP to monitor nuclear power plants in France.
- Migrating a traditional enterprise application to OSGi is a hard problem.
- I am running out of excuses not to use modeling tools.
- I should scrap my homegrown explorer and use Common Navigator.
- e4 is
cominghere. Start using it.
Aside from the technical learning, I felt the pulse of the community. And the message is this: contribute. Submit patches. Write bug reports. Participate in newsgroup discussions. Help wanted. I think this is a great message and frankly I'm overwhelmed by the number of areas that I want to contribute to. I think I need to submit a proposal to the wife to get more free time...
I liked the session voting. I wonder how we could make it paperless? Maybe touch your RFID badge to a +1/0/-1 monitor or something..
I hope I am able to come again next year.
What did you take away this year (aside from a fish)?